Then he decided I also needed to sing "Happy Birthday Coopah". Lucas says Coopah just like Arnold Schwarzenager says "It's not a tumah (tumor)" in Kindergarten Cop. At least that's how my ears hear it.
The day that Lucas decided to add the -den to Brayden's name, you would have thought a war had just ended. Or we landed the first man on Mars. The celebration was epic. The boys came running in to where I was finishing up some cleaning, shouting and carrying on until I finally interrupted and asked, "What is it? What's going on?" and one of them breathlessly told me, "Lucas SAID BRAYDEN!" Then, crowding around Lucas like the papparazzi, they encouraged him, "Go ahead, Lucas, say it!"
Lucas looked at me and very deliberately said "Bray-DEN." (Much emphasis on the -den.) His adoring big brothers erupted again in fits of congratulations.






No comments:
Post a Comment