Sunday, June 7, 2015

On the Last Day of Kindergarten My Teacher Gave to Me

Before I get into this post, let me tell you something about me: I'm not a happy crier. I don't cry at weddings...because that's a happy day and tears are for being sad, in my book. So on Cooper's Awards Day and his last day of school, I was just completely in awe of the fact that he had grown up so much in such a short time. And I was filled with a completeness and joyfulness that I get to take him to school every day, and I get to help him with homework every afternoon. I'm his mom and I won't I'm trying not to take that for granted, as easy as that can be.

Enough about me! Cooper has changed a lot this year--not just academically but emotionally and spiritually. He is a caring big brother and has shown maturity in helping with his little brothers. Just the other day, Justin and I had a talk with Cooper about a quality we noticed in him of late--peacekeeper. In the midst of a back-and-forth squabble with Brayden when they were both trying to assert that they were "right", Cooper backed down. I have also noticed him graciously let Brayden go first or have something that they are both arguing over. What a beautiful way to go through life--understanding that there is no victory in always being right or having your way.  

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9

Here is Cooper, on his first and last day of Kinder. 



Here is Cooper accepting his Kinder Completion certificate from his principal. 


Cooper with his teacher, Ms. Noles. 


And Megan and I forcing Cooper to take as many pictures as we could. 






No comments:

Post a Comment