Sunday, June 7, 2015

Field Day!

We just finished the wettest May that we've had....I'm not sure in exactly how long, but forever seems like a fair guess to me. Rain was in the forecast every day for what seemed like the entire month. And Cooper's school field day (FIELD DAY!!) kept getting rescheduled until finally they set a date and said no matter what, rain or shine, they would have it. (They planned on some fun indoor stuff in case it rained.)

But that Friday, I dropped Cooper off at school and headed to help set up, and although it was a much cooler, cloudy day, the rain held off all morning.

I remember Field Day when I was in school--SO much fun. I think it has greatly improved since I was in school--or maybe these teachers just rock!  Since Field Day is in May, and May is supposed to be hot, there were a lot of activities where the kids got wet (soaking wet, I might add). The clouds covered the sky all morning and it was unusually cool--so we had kids huddling together and shivering all over the grounds. But it's okay!! Because it's FIELD DAY! (Can you hear me shouting this to my computer?)

I mostly helped with the sno cone and popcorn stand (that's code for I didnt hover around my sweet Cooper too much and embarrass him) and left Megan to hang out with Cooper's class. But I would head over after the next group of kids was served and check out what activity Cooper was involved in.






No comments:

Post a Comment