Monday, February 16, 2015

Lucas Cole

Lucas has stolen all of our hearts. He is silly, sweet, goofy, precocious, loving, demanding...and the list goes on. 

Watching Lucas toddle around the house, doing the simplest things, brings me such joy. He does the funniest things, but if I didn't just sit and observe him, I might never know. 

Like one day, I watched him walk up to where his bib hangs on the side of his high chair. He dug around in the pocket, pulled out some food left over from his last meal (whoops, now you know his mom doesn't always clean it out in a timely fashion) and hurriedly walked over to where Justin was sitting at the computer and fed it to him. (Isn't he a good baby to share??) Then he did this twice more. Okay, I'm really not terrible. I told Justin what was going on...eventually.

One of Lucas' all time favorite ways to pass the time is putting on shoes. Not his shoes, but my shoes. Or his dad's shoes. Or Cooper's shoes. On most days, you can find a dizzying array of shoes scattered throughout the house...and then Lucas will prance in wearing a huge smile and shoes that are much too big for him. 

Here is Lucas in Cooper's school shoes. 




Lucas also really enjoys putting things in the trash. He'll pick up a leaf off the boys' shoes or shred of paper, bring it to me, and I'll say, "Thank you, Lucas! Now put it in the trash." He loves this game...and I'll admit I think it's pretty cute.  Until the day I walked over to throw something away and I saw a sock, cereal bowl, toy and shoe...in the trashcan. 

Whenever Justin or I follow Lucas in his room to play, he is very concerned with getting us as comfortable as possible. (I like to think he's thought this through, and knows we might stay longer if he makes it worth our while.) He'll immediately go for one of his big throw pillows and plop it down next to us and say "there!"  If for some reason we don't comply with the order, Lucas walks around behind us, puts his little hands on our back and pushes with all his might. He's a bossy little baby. 

Here's a picture of Lucas copying his brothers. His antics keep us laughing for sure, but one of the funniest things is when he imitates his big brothers. On this day, Cooper and Brayden were pulling their pant legs up and screaming, "it's summertime!"

Next thing I see is Lucas walking in, doing the same. 



And because I'm a mean mommy, I'm going to share a few snapshots of Lucas throwing one of his utterly adorable fits. He gets so mad, is so dramatic and he does it at the drop of a hat. 





No comments:

Post a Comment