Tuesday, February 10, 2015

(continued from previous post)

...and I can't forget to mention that other trait of Brayden's. Completely random. 

Oh, the randomness. I never know what that boy is taking in or if he's listening. This afternoon I spent much of nap time (my get-things-done-time) pouring my love and attention in to Brayden. Justin and I had wondered if his outbursts were part of that middle child thing, if maybe he was needing attention. (I remember reading, somewhere, when the boys were little, that when children are the least lovable is when they need the most love.) 

Today I bought him his very own thermos (not a hand-me-down from big brother) and we read books (all ones he chose) and we played Trouble outside on the playscape once Lucas was asleep. (Brayden won!)

And then I put him on Mom and Dad's bed to watch a show, and I was running my fingers in his hair and telling him all the things that are wonderful about Brayden, and praising him for his generous spirit, when he interrupted me and asked the most serious question:

"If ever we were outside and we were playing and a bear was there and I was behind it...would daddy fight it?"




No comments:

Post a Comment