I was about to brush Cooper's teeth one evening before bed time, when he leaned away from me and said, "Wait for it, wait for it..."
"Wait for what?" I asked in confusion.
He just grinned and a few seconds later I smelled it. Oh, gross!!
Brayden likes to say things such as:
"When you hear a noise, say who is that." Or "When you see some hands, say who is that."
It's his way of pretending that I don't see him, but I hear a noise or see something pass by.
Lucas will help clean up his toys without anyone asking him. He still says "no" in response to pretty much everything. He loves laying on the couch with his daddy, and when he's sleepy or ready to relax, he'll go to the couch, pat a pillow and look at Justin saying "Dada".
One of the sweetest things about one-year-olds is bedtime routines. Lucas is not old enough to give us trouble and he is still small enough that I can hold him before I lay him down. For a while, our routine was I would sing while Lucas rested his head on my shoulder. One night Lucas decided he wanted to turn the light off himself. And it was so much fun, he wanted to do it over and over and over. But Mama said No that's enough. So then, he decided to throw a fit. Wouldn't lay his head on my shoulder, flailed his arms at me, arched his back and screamed in madness. Thus began the fit-throwing. Now if anything doesn't go Lucas' way, he throws himself on the ground (sometimes banging his head in the process) and cries and kicks his feet. It's absolutely precious.
He must have inherited his little temper from big brother Brayden. Brayden, who has quite the temper, will say ridiculous things when he's mad and frustrated. If I'm giving him instructions or correcting him, he'll loudly retort:
That is just nothing to do with you.
That's not even a reason.
That's not a choice.
(None of which make any sense, which makes it funny, which makes me laugh, which makes his anger escalate.)
Watching a little television with my boys.
Watching a little television with my boys.
I love this picture. Lucas was so happy with his head on my shoulder, then Justin walked up and Megan said "Let's take a pic!" And Lucas was not pleased with Justin barging in.





No comments:
Post a Comment