Those little Voigt boys are at it again.
Cooper James Voigt thinks he is a highly intelligent little boy and has passed into that dreaded phase (I think it only lasts 25 years) where he believes himself smarter than his parents. I know, hard to believe, isn't it? So, he's fond saying things such as, "How do you know?" or "That doesn't really make sense?" or (my favorite) "Why?"
Funny thing Cooper said: He pretends that he's playing football all the time. One day I heard him say to himself, "My football game stars at 10:00. It's 10:01, I better start playing."
And Brayden, our sweet little middle child, has had his highs and lows lately. After some battling, he has been staying in his bed very well. He flip flops between being utterly sweet and helpful with Lucas, and purposefully belligerent. But, the sweet times far outweigh the latter.
Funny Brayden story:
We were about to eat lunch, and Brayden was having leftover pizza. We bowed our heads to pray, and I was feeling several needs on my heart (friends who lost loved ones, illnesses, etc) so it was a bit longer than usual. After I was done, I looked over and noticed how patiently Brayden had been through the prayer, keeping his head bowed and eyes closed and really listening. So I told him thank you for praying with me. He solemnly told me, "Well, I opened my eyes a little bit and looked at the pizza."
Lucas Budda:
Oh, sweet baby Lucas. I love how babies just get sweeter. Lucas is about to be 17 months old. My favorite things he says are "oh, no" (he says, "no, no") and "Mmm, good". The minute you put him in his high chair he starts in with the mmmm, good. What makes it even funnier is that sometimes he really gets into it...bending his head down on the "mmmm" part. When he does that he reminds me a bit of Bernie Mac.
Lucas also has the strange/adorable habit of walking from one end of the house to the other, back and forth, in a funny way--it's hard to explain, but it's as if he can't really bend his knees and he's trying it on his tip toes. Justin and I will be sitting at the kitchen table, and he'll start in on it. Once he heads back in our direction he'll look our way as he passes by and laugh...little stinker knows how cute he is.






No comments:
Post a Comment