Cooper loves maps. He has a National Geographic Kids Atlas, but I'm on the hunt for a globe and a wall map for his room, perhaps for Christmas. One afternoon he asked me to draw him a U.S. map. Of course I complied, but it's a little time consuming to draw 50 stars so I just drew 5 and told him to use his imagination. As I was filling in the stripes Brayden sweetly observed that what I was doing looked like "scribble scrabble". I took offense to this and then Cooper chimed in.
One cool morning, I served the boys hot chocolate in coffee cups. It was a big hit!
Cooper: When I was in Mrs. Celeste's class, I don't remember who
it was, but he told her you're not drawing well, you're doing scribble
scrabble.
Me: And what did she say?
C: Go to timeout.
One cool morning, I served the boys hot chocolate in coffee cups. It was a big hit!
One afternoon after we picked up Cooper, we headed to the park and the boys enjoyed a sucker.
| Helping little brother walk. |
Brayden is so helpful. That really is one of his character traits, and has been since he was little. If we're playing in one of the bedrooms, he'll run to get you a pillow for under your head. Or I'll be in the other room and he'll bring my slippers to me. He does all this without being asked...it's just his sweet nature. He does it to Lucas quite often also.
| A little morning walk. |
| Brayden and Matthew painting! |
"I'm just sad in the Bible, when the guys took them for slaves. That's what I'm sad for."
(We hadn't been talking about this in any way, and he hadn't mentioned being sad.)
Then on the way to school we saw a road runner and a rabbit. Brayden said:
"Of course we don't want to run over a rabbit. Because they have soft backs, right?"
And little Lucas. Sweet, happy Lucas. He'll get his two favorite little books, head to a corner of his room and I'll find him sitting there looking at them. Sometimes he'll be talking to himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment