Monday, September 15, 2014

Baby Roomba

Our little Lucas will not stop searching for things to put in his mouth. He cruises my floors, finding every single thing, no matter how tiny, and promptly puts it in his mouth. Doesn't matter if I've just swept. Doesn't matter if I just swept and vacuumed, then crawled around on my hands and knees to ensure there is nothing left. Like a moth to a flame, he will surely find something. 

I love Lucas' age right now. His personality is just bursting, and one minute he's still my baby cuddling up against me, and the next he's following his big brothers around and helping them clean up toys, seeming so big I can't stand it. Lately, he is insistent on feeding himself and is so proud when he does. I'll get some food on a spoon and he does the rest. 


Lucas has started pulling up and letting go of whatever he was holding, then just standing there and balancing. No is his favorite word. He also gets his point across quite nicely by screaming whenever he is done, or wants more, or really just anytime at all. Too bad I haven't taken the time to teach him baby sign language! But, in my defense, this is my third little boy. 


New tricks: Lucas loves to have us sit on the ground, then he will come up and push us down on our back. This can go on, well, indefinitely. One day I'm pretty sure I got pushed down 193 times. He also loves playing peekaboo--he covers just one eye with one little fist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment