I've learned that every kid has their "thing". Something that they love to obsession, or love to do. Cooper had loved the movie Cars for a long time now--but his current obsession is with numbers and ages. He knows every family members' age. He talks about ages all the time, and it's the first thing he tells people (and asks them!). He also loves talking about who is older than who, or by how much someone is older than another person.
One day he was talking about another little boy in his class, and he told me:
"You know Will, he's just 4. Not 4 1/2 like me."
Ever since I just mentioned that he was 4 1/2, instead of merely 4, he recites it all the time. And uses it to say he's older than other people if he asks them their age. When, in reality, they just don't tack on the 1/2 when saying how old they are.
Drum roll please...we have moved Cooper and Brayden into the same room. They started sleeping in Cooper's room four nights ago. We've had a couple nights go better than expected, and a couple that were worse. The main culprit is Mr. Brayden. That kid just doesn't stop talking. The very first night, I sat and listened to them on the monitor, laughing to myself.
B: Hey Cooper. Hey Cooper. HEY COOPER!!
C: Brayden, we're not supposed to be talking.
Lucas is growing up so fast! He is already trying to sit up. He does it when we are holding him, and yesterday he started doing it in his little recliner. At this rate he will be walking when he's 8 months old!! His little puff of hair on top that just won't stay down...well, I refuse to put product on a baby. It just ain't fittin'.
I can't believe it, but it's amazing how Lucas already loves to watch Cooper and Brayden play. I can sit him in his little recliner and he will crack up at them, even if they aren't playing right by him. He also gets a good laugh about his Popo.








No comments:
Post a Comment