Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time

The boys and I had a really wonderful week. As hard as it is on this Mom when they are not getting along well, then they have such a blissful week of playing. We didn't do anything particularly special, but they got along beautifully, we played together, and they were very sweet.

One evening they were watching a show in our bed, and I could have turned the tv off because all they were really doing was giggling and playing under the covers. Then, another day as they were laying down together, Justin saw Cooper pull the blanket up on Brayden and get him tucked in.

As sweet as my boys are, they play some games that I wonder where they come up with this stuff. Today, they played a game where Brayden was sick and on the floor, and Cooper was a doctor taking care of him because, in Cooper's own words, "a bad guy came and cut his whole belly."

Then they were playing with their swords, and they were next to our wood burning stove where I have a picture of my Grandma. And Justin and I hear them saying, "uh, uh, I'm going to get you, Grandma!"

Cooper is almost 4 and truly says the darndest things. He's really into hand gestures, too, to emphasize his point. One day he told me,
"I like to drink in the morning, after nap, during lunch, after dinner, before bed, just all the time. I drink a lot because I'm thirsty."
(disclaimer: he's talking about water!)

We sing a lot in the car, and not always to a CD. But the boys still always want to sing Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer...and I've about had my fill.

Today I took the boys for a walk in their jammies. That's the picture of them in the stroller.

Cooper has been interested in maps for a while, and one day this week he wanted to draw his own. Then he told me all about it.

Brayden likes to use the phrase "silly boy" when he's pretend playing. He'll be playing with cars or people, and I'll hear him saying things like, "what you doing, silly boy" or "don't fall down, silly boy".











No comments:

Post a Comment