Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just a fishin'


Father's day weekend I took the boys to Travis' house with Megan. Dad was there and they decided to go fishing. I was not prepared for this (how messy the boys got), but they had so much fun. Cooper caught a fish and was so excited. He said it was 'so cute' but then wanted to throw it back into the water so it could play with its friends.

This weekend we went to Dallas to visit Ella and Bob. To show how Brayden is talking up a storm: I was getting ready before we left and put on a dress. When I walked in the kitchen Brayden saw me and exclaimed, "cute!"

The boys loved the pool. Ella got Cooper some Cars goggles and although he didn't really wear them to go under water, he kept them on for quite a long time. It was too funny. Cooper had the job of taking cans to the recycling bin, which he took very seriously.

Cooper went to Vacation Bible School two days last week, and loved it. The first day I took him by myself and stayed for thirty minutes so he would be comfortable. He did really well both days and told us all about playing with his friends and talking to 'that guy' who is actually Pastor John. The first day when he was telling me about it, he said he made a friend and "his name was Justin! That's what you call daddy...and he calls you wifey!"

Cooper finally has a big boy bed, which is really just his crib with the side taken down. He has done very well with the transition. And he insists on kneeling next to me now to pray, which I love.

Cooper loves to sing the theme song to
Bob the Builder. And Brayden likes it, too, because he will say, "song, song" and then Cooper happily obliges.

No comments:

Post a Comment