Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh, these boys

Lots of funny moments the past few weeks.

Brayden says "I sorry" and it is so sweet. But he understands the meaning a little too well--he thinks he can do anything wrong and then say it and all is well. One evening he hit Cooper in front of me, so I gave him his first real time out. He took it, surprisingly, then got up and without pause picked up a toy and hit Cooper in the head, turned to me with his head tilted to the side and asked "time-out?". Walked right over and sat down for his punishment. What a fun game, Mom!

One morning at Mumu and Pop's, the boys found a dead black and white bug outside and had fun playing with it, throwing it around and then Cooper wanted to put it in his pocket while we ate lunch. During our meal, Cooper yelled suddenly that there was a bug on his leg...and when I walked around the table I discovered that his bug had only been pretending to be dead! We all had a good laugh.

One evening while playing in the boys' rooms, C told me he's going to go potty like daddy, but you stay there Mom. Then he goes in and hollers "I can't do it" meaning he can't lift the toilet seat up (and I could hear it slam down which meant he was throwing it up too hard) and I tell him yes you can, do it gently and he yells "two fingers, mom?"


Matthew Emerich Fohn was born yesterday, June 14. Cooper was very excited about his new baby cousin. I kept Mallie so my mom could go see the baby, and when his mom came to pick him up, Cooper told her, "I have a new baby but they but they won't let me see him yet." He calls him 'his baby' and leaves off cousin. This morning I asked him if he wanted to go feed the chickens at Mumu's and he replied "I want to go see my baby."

Another funny exchange this morning:

Me: Wow, you ate a lot. You're going to be huge.
Cooper: I am going to be huge. Like big bird.

The boys were in a mood this morning so our visit was very short, but they did get to pick some vegetables which they were excited about.


Lots of field trips recently. Last week we went to Lockhart one day: first we played in the McDonalds playscape, then we visited Grandma Voigt in the nursing home, then hit up HEB. It was something different and that is fun. Monday our A/C got fixed and Justin told me I needed to be gone all day. So I called Brittney up and took the boys to her house in Round Rock. We ended up heading to her mom's pool. We all had a great time. Another day last week, I took the boys to the park early to avoid the heat, then we went to the library for the first time. I've been hesitant to take them there because of Brayden. It went ok, Cooper enjoyed getting some books.

Note: I love being able to do these blogs from my phone, but it drives me crazy that I have no control over what order the pictures are. I also can't separate the pictures with text the way I can on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment