Brayden is a reader! Finally, over the past two weeks he is enjoying reading. Of course I've been reading to him since he was an infant, but I was getting a little worried because Cooper would sit and let me read to him before he was a year old. Up until recently, Brayden would not pay attention when I read. Now, he brings me books and sits in my lap. I love it.
Justin got sick right after the boys, and he stayed home on a Thursday. That Friday he went back to work. So that day Cooper was asking me where daddy was (like he does every day) and I told him he was at work. This is how the rest of the conversation went:
Cooper: Daddy has a cough? He's sick?
Me: Just a little bit sick, buddy.
Cooper: Little bit sick? Not big sick?
Me: (laughing at his choice of words) No, not big sick
Cooper: (I guess realizing his error)
He not too much sick?
Cooper is in the question phase. If it's not the question phase, I can't imagine what that is like! He wants to know every detail, and he doesn't mind hearing it repeated 5 times. He likes asking "are you?" in response to me telling him I'm doing something. He also likes to ask questions he knows the answer to (that drives daddy crazy).
I need to get a picture of this, but something sweet Brayden does...when I am laying him down for nap or bedtime, I hold him with my right arm and rub his back with the other before I lay him down. And he hooks his left arm around my right arm. :)
We've been having lots of fun lately, indoors and out (when it hasn't been raining)!



No comments:
Post a Comment