Friday, August 12, 2011

Mr. Manners

Who says you can’t teach a two year old manners?  Cooper is Mr. Manners. When he burps he says “excuse me”, when he toots he says excuse me, and when someone sneezes he says “God bless you!”. He doesn’t always say please on his own, but when prompted, he will. It is so sweet. Last night, Jimmy and Sarah were over and Cooper accidentally let out a toot. He smiled very sweetly and said excuse me. It cracked Uncle Jimmy up.
Speaking of manners, the other night I was feeding Cooper dinner and Justin was gone working late. Cooper started laughing about something while he had food in his mouth, and so he coughed like it went down the wrong way. He coughed a bunch, it sounded like he was hacking up a lung so I was really concerned. Once he stopped, and could speak, he immediately said “excuse me, mom”. It was so funny!!
There is a rabbit that comes in our back yard (which Cooper calls a hop-hop) and sometimes Justin will take lettuce and water out and leave it for him. So now we have a sort-of pet rabbit. This is Cooper looking out the window, waiting for the hop-hop!


Last night when we were all in Cooper’s room playing, Cooper grabbed my phone and started looking at it. It was ridiculous how adept he was at navigating it—a two year old. He would drag the screen down, tap it to look at something, etc. He was even on Facebook (looking at Aunt Mae’s pictures!). At one point he was sitting in his little leather chair, posted up with the phone. I looked at Justin and said I can’t believe our kid is sitting in that chair Facebooking!
My Brayden is 8 months old today! He is a menace. He army crawls everywhere, and I don’t think it slows him down at all because he can get anywhere he shouldn’t be very fast. He has a second tooth on the bottom, and he is starting to pull up! I have to watch him with toys because he will try and pull up on them. From his eczema, he has gotten impetigo, which I hate to even write about but I’m sure someday I will want to remember. We went to the doctor Monday and they put him on antibiotics. I think it is getting better.
I still have no gates for Brayden, I’ve been looking on craigslist but when I find some, no one responds! And these makeshift barriers I’m creating just aren’t doing the job.


This is Cooper trying on his daddy's hat one day after work...he may be a future LCRA employee!

No comments:

Post a Comment