Monday, March 14, 2011

Blogger, Schmogger

I never thought that I would be a blogger. But someone that I don’t even know inspired me to take it up. So, now I will try to do this on a daily basis.


I am continually amazed at how blessed I am. The happenings in Japan last week made me even more grateful for my children. They are healthy, happy, and I get to see them everyday. I had to go back to work after my three months of maternity leave, and that was extremely hard. But, I have a roof over my head, plenty of food to eat, and my children are safe. What more could I ask for? Nothing, I need to thank God for what I do have—it is so much more than many people around the world right now.


Cooper has finally taken to his Handy Mandy car we got him for Christmas. He did not seem interested in it at all when we gave it to him, and we haven’t gotten it out much since then. But this weekend, Justin was out at the other house painting and doing odd jobs, so Cooper and Brayden and I were on our own. Cooper asked for me to get his car out. He proceeded to ride it all around the driveway and front yard, but he had trouble turning the steering wheel. So before I could stop him, he’d run right into my car. He tearfully held up his finger for me to see his owie. But after that, he ran into the house, a bush, and the retaining wall. Silly boy. I finally got him on a good route where he could go in a long loop. Brayden and I sat on a chair, partially in the garage, so that we would be in the shade.

Brayden is at such a fun age. He smiles, coos and laughs the whole time he is awake. Sometimes he is too busy smiling to even eat, and I have to take a break. I love his little smile, it is so spontaneous and fresh. During Cooper’s nap time Sunday, Brayden and I just laid in my bed and talked to each other. Cooper isn’t even two yet, but it is funny how easily you forget the baby times.

No comments:

Post a Comment