Monday, January 21, 2019

Christmas Break and New Year's Eve

Our Christmas Break was wonderful. There were busy days of traveling and lazy days at home in front of the fire. Just the right mix of both to make it enjoyable. 

The boys did lots of crafts and games over the break. We made necklaces from cereal and had Connect 4 marathons. We attended the Smithville night of praise and heard Christmas hymns while we sipped hot chocolate and ate cookies. They helped wrap presents and we started a fun tradition of make-your-own-pizza night. I love watching them be able to do so much for themselves, especially cooking. 

For New Year's Eve we had a party at Uncle Jimmy's house. Rick's girlfriend's daughters were there, and we snacked and played Pictionary and did fireworks and sparklers. Then we counted down and shouted Happy New Year (we did a fake countdown at 9 p.m.) and we were home and the boys in bed at 10:30 pm. Justin and I celebrated the real countdown together. 

Just so anyone reading this isn't confused, I have such a difficult time getting pics and such onto this blog now that the host has decided not to continue upgrading it. But I hate to abandon this one when I've had it for so many years! So, the pictures being out of order and haphazardly arranged is just something I have to deal with. 



Lucas with his pizza masterpiece.

At the Night of Praise in Smithville.

Santa and Mrs. Claus visited the school!

Happy New Year






Wrapping presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment