Ahh, Spring Break. Every year, I look forward to you, and every year you come through. Ours was jammed packed, and yet I still found time to clean the house (including mopping!), completed 2 out of 3 little boys’ laundry, and throw a surprise birthday party for my sweet mom. (More on that in Part 3)
We began the Spring Break festivities on Saturday, the 10th, in San Antonio for Henry’s 1st birthday party. It was a lovely afternoon; a beautiful spring day, lots of games (pin the tail on the donkey! Piñata!), fajitas and family. I can hardly believe our sweet Henry is one year old.
Sunday, after church, the boys and I kissed Daddy goodbye and headed to Hondo for a few days. Grammi, Popo, Justin & Laura and the boys joined us. It was the most perfect weather. I had forgotten how much I love Hondo this time of year. The perfect crispness of Spring air... and everything is just beginning to green. These boys did not stop playing with their cousins for two whole days. My favorite moments: searching for turkey feathers, arrow head hunting, the deer corn wagon ride, sharing a big breakfast, chasing each other on the jeeps and the firework show (thank you Uncle Justin!). We came home dirty and smelly but happy.
But let me go back a little...because Sunday was Megan and Katlyn's 25th Birthday! I didn't get to see my Katy over the weekend, but on Sunday evening I left the boys in Hondo and I joined Megan in San Antonio for the Toby Mac concert. The funniest moment was when we were in this long line, waiting to enter the arena, and we kept seeing groups of people pass us and I just knew that we should follow them. I could feel it. But we wanted to follow the rules--so we did. Until some official looking people on a golf cart came and informed us that there were six--yes, I said SIX--more lines up ahead we could join.
Fun times.
![]() |
| Our baby Henry is ONE!! |
![]() |
| Justin planting his crops. |
![]() |
| Lucas working hard on "burying his carrots". |
![]() |
| Heading in to the birthday party! (Don't even get me started on how old Cooper looks in this picture.) |
![]() |
| Cousin Matthew and Lucas! Lucas was enchanted with Matthew the whole party--he followed him around and did EXACTLY what Matthew did at every moment. |
![]() |
| Getting settled in Uncle Justin's Hondo-corn-bag-wagon. |
![]() |
| Smoke bombs! |
![]() |
| The BIG Tree and turkey feathers. (Andrew wanted to stay at the cabin.) |
| Our last night, Uncle Justin put on a firework show for us. |











No comments:
Post a Comment