Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Expelled

I get to spend time with each of the boys before bed time. I cherish these talks. There's something about those moments right before sleep...the stories are told more freely, the words come easily and I don't have to press them for information or to tell me about their day--they just seem to want to share.

Cooper was explaining what happened to him on the playground.

"At recess, like 20 girls were chasing me and Izaiah."

"Oh, yeah?" I said, eyes wide with surprise.

"Yeah," he continued. "And saying we were infected when they caught us."

This surprised me even more. "Infected? With what?" I pressed him.

"You know. Girly stuff. Like cooties."

-----------------

In the car on the way to Grandma and Grandpa Moore's, Lucas had his Puppy Dog sticker and coloring book out. He was generously handing out stickers to all of us.

For mommy, it was a cute little poodle.

He was taking requests and when it was Brayden's turn, he gave him an option. "Brayden, do you want the wee wee dog?"

Justin and I looked at each other and laughed. "The what?" I asked him.

"You know, the wee wee dog."


"I think he means weiner dog," I said, smiling.

-----------------

My baby brother, Clint, got married last weekend. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to, and it was such a special day. Everything worked together perfectly, from the weather, to the bride's entrance on a horse.

Megan's little girl that she nannies, Anna, came along with us. She and Brayden are in the same class at RCA and they've grown quite fond of each other. Playing on the grounds at the reception, Brayden told me this: "Mom. Anna chases me around at school. And....I kind of like it."

-------------------

Lucas loves school, but even more than that, he loves going to Grammi and Popo's twice a week.

We were driving home one day and talking about someone misbehaving. The boys had questions upon questions.

Often when they are trying to understand something, I tell them about when I was little and what things were like for me.

So I told them that when I was in school, a student would be expelled for doing such a thing. Of course, then they wanted to know what expelled meant.

"Expelled means you are in big trouble and you get kicked out of school for a day or three days," I explained.


Lucas was unfazed by this. "Uh, that is good actually for me. Because I would get to go to Grammi's."

This kid is something else.

The boys and Beckett, at his first birthday party on November 4th. (The blue mouths are from ring pops. 😁)







A few pics from the rehearsal dinner...






No comments:

Post a Comment