Like the rest of America, much of the talk around our home has been centered on the election.
And because we'll use any excuse to have a party, this weekend we decided to have an election pizza party at Mumu's house come Tuesday night.
This evening as I was getting the big boys ready for bed, they were asking questions about how we would know who won.
"We'll know tomorrow night, right?" Cooper asked.
"Well....," I trailed off, sensing one of those moments where I needed to be careful what I promised. "We may not know before you boys go to bed tomorrow night, because if it's a really close race we might not know until late Tuesday night or Wednesday."
Brayden's eyebrows shot up and he wrinkled his nose in disbelief. "Wait--they're racing?
Cooper erupted into giggles, clearly delighted with the idea of two senior citizens competing in a race. "Haha!! What if Donald Trump was running a really fast race! That would be so funny to see."
He hunched up his shoulders in his best Donald Trump/old-person impression and started running in place. Then they both dissolved into laughter.
I guess after Tuesday, we'll need to go back over the part about respecting your elders.
#runDonaldrun
He hunched up his shoulders in his best Donald Trump/old-person impression and started running in place. Then they both dissolved into laughter.
I guess after Tuesday, we'll need to go back over the part about respecting your elders.
#runDonaldrun
No comments:
Post a Comment