Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Mipple

Sometimes Cooper sounds so grown up, like one morning last week when we were having after school snack and he asked me: Tomorrow can I have juice? It's my 52nd day of school and I've only had juice once.

 ...and other times he is still my little boy. After breakfast this morning, he came up to me and whispered conspiratorially, "Mommy, want to know what my dream was about? It's so awkward."

I nodded and leaned closer to hear. He whispered in my ear, "I was naked at school!" Then he giggled at the sheer silliness of it all. 

We can now add another word to Lucas' vocabulary: mipple
He discovered his "mipples" the other day and squealed to me, pointing at them, "Look, mommy, my mipple! Look my two mipples!"

We've had several #ohhoney moments around here recently. 

I picked up Brayden one day from school and as we were walking outside by the playground he explained, "You know why it's so dark out here? Because the power went out today."

As we were driving home from school another day, Brayden shouted from the back seat, "I just saw three cows, and one was a horse!"

That same day, as we were closer to home, I said "oh, no" softly to myself and had to explain to the boys that there was a dead squirrel. I had forgotten that that morning we saw a dead rabbit on the road. 

Exasperated with all the senseless killing, Brayden moaned, "A baby rabbit killed, a squirrel killed...what else needs to be killed?"

One morning a few weeks ago, when Brayden was still wearing shorts to school (but he has to wear pants for Tae Kwon Do), we were having breakfast in our pj's when suddenly he looked down and said, "Oh mommy, I feel like I'm at Tae Kwon Do right now because I have pants on."

No comments:

Post a Comment