Thursday, November 13, 2014

Crack in the Kitchen

Brayden is KILLING me this week! 

Here's a roundup of all things Brayden. 

At dinner, after I had reminded the boys for the 2nd 80th time to eat and not talk, Brayden says:
"Mommy, I love you. You make the bestest food ever."

Two seconds later, in a heated debate with Cooper, Brayden practically shouts:
"Well, sometimes you gag on dinners!"

Ouch. In Cooper's defense, he has a sensitive gag reflex. And in Brayden's defense...there really is no defense there. Except I foresee many discussions about controlling our temper and not speaking in anger. 

At naptime, tucking Brayden in with his bear and doggie, he tells me:
"My doggy's looking for the perfect girl to marry."
Aren't they all??

Then, the songs...oh, the songs. Not only will he belt out his favorite hits from the radio, but he makes up his own lyrics as well. He sang from the bathroom:

"Whoo hoo! I gotta-go poo-poo!"
Then shouted to me, "Hey, mommy, that song rhymes!"

I walked in Lucas' room to find that he had gotten ALL the baby wipes out of the container, and by the haphazard way they were shoved back in, I guessed that Brayden did that part. So I mentioned to him that if he sees Lucas getting into something like that, to always come and get me. To which Brayden said:  "I'm just SO sorry."

Brayden was grounded to his room all Wednesday afternoon. At one point he opened the door, peeked out his head and told me:
"I'm playing Trouble back here and I'm winning."

Munching on a sandwich at lunch today, Brayden nonchalantly said:

B: That's sad that God doesn't have anything to do. 
Me: Huh? What do you mean? God has lots to do!
B: Not in heaven! He's just hanging out with nothing to do. 

This evening, Cooper was earnestly searching for his Texas Tech football. After about five minutes, Brayden suddenly exclaims, "Oh, I know where it is! In the crack in the kitchen."

The "crack in the kitchen" is the space between the play kitchen and the window sill. Many, many toys end up in this hard-to-reach spot. When in doubt, search the crack in the kitchen. I've heard Brayden refer to it so many times this week, I feel we should name a book after it. 

A couple "just because" pictures of my grown-up babies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment