Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Funny Things (My) Kids Say

Truth: Kids say funny things and funny things happen around kids. That's the theme for today's blog!

Justin and I chatting over dinner:

Me: George Jones died today.

Brayden: (interrupting the adult conversation) Oh. Why?

Me: He was old.

Brayden: Oh, did he die on the cross?

My sweet two year old had probably only heard of one person dying in his whole life--Jesus. We haven't dealt with any pet deaths or anything like that...so if he hears of someone dying he asks if it was on the cross.

------------------------------------------------

Cooper, who gets to sleep in his cool race car bed, casually reveals to me one day his new favorite nap time activity.

Cooper: At nap, when I was looking out my window, I saw the mail lady.

Me: (confused) Huh? What do you mean looking out your window?

Cooper: I like to see squirrels and cars.

So I had him show me what he does. He kneels on his bed (it's pretty high), pulls back the curtain, and takes in the view. Then he "just closes it away".
Too funny!

------------------------------------------------

Cooper: What does "hit the sack mean?"

Me: It means go to sleep.

Cooper: in Spanish?

Oh, poor child, his mom and dad attempt to throw some Spanish words in the mix (esposo, muchacho, adios) and so he assumes we know more than we do. I had to laugh out loud at this one and then explain.

P.S. Pictures are from the Pettytown Reunion this past Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment