Cooper goes through phases with shows. Right now he is on a Max & Ruby kick, which is a very cute show about two rabbits. It's a sister and her younger brother, and yesterday as the boys were playing, Brayden threw Cooper's toys on the floor, (which he likes to do all the time now) and I had to move him away. So Cooper came to me and said "Mom, I said 'Oh, little brothers' which is what Ruby says about Max."
He's also picked up a slightly annoying habit from the show...Max has a signature phrase of saying one word during the show. He's supposed to be around two years old, I believe, maybe younger. It's cute on the show, but now Cooper is doing it. "Milk" "Show" "Toy"
I could go on and on. It's. Driving. Us. Crazy. Justin says no more Max & Ruby.
Cooper is really into maps lately, so Justin brought him some he uses at work. They are very detailed and hard to describe--they are maps of LCRA's transmission system. Anyway, Cooper is very taken with his map. He spreads it out on the kitchen table and tells us all about what is going on. One day he was describing what was happening on the map to me and showing me where you could get food. Here is our conversation:
Cooper: So, Mommy, here's the food.
Me: What do they have?
Cooper: Pizza, BBQ, hamburgers, pancakes, vitamins, and....(thinks a minute)...Mom, are pancakes fruit?
I typically ask both boys what they dreamed about after nap time. The other day when I asked, Brayden said "Eli" and Cooper said, very seriously, "I dreamed monsters were cutting me."
One night this week, right before bedtime, I'm finishing cleaning up after two little boys and walking toward my bedroom when I see Brayden, carrying one of my shoes. I start to admonish him for getting into my shoes (which he loves to do) when he points to the floor and says, "Look, look, scorpion! Killed it."
Yes, thats correct. My not yet two-year-old saw a scorpion, went and picked up my shoe, and smashed it.
Brayden's new sayings: "Hold me" (so adorable when he says this)
"I'm kidding"
"Bastrop" and "Rosanky" (he really likes saying these, I suppose because they are the two towns he goes to most often. He pronounces Rosanky 'Banky')






No comments:
Post a Comment