Friday, September 7, 2012

Cry It Out

We are on day three of our Cry-It-Out tactic with Cooper. He is majorly testing the boundaries, and had started trying every trick in the book at bed time and nap time. I probably let it go on longer than it should because I kept going back in his room so he wouldn't wake up Brayden. But as I sit typing this, Night #3 is in full swing and Cooper has been crying Mommy for approximately 11 minutes...and so far Brayden is still asleep. I'm praying for no Night #4.

On a happier note, we've had a very good week, behavior-wise. Yesterday we had a play date and today I took the boys to visit Grammi and Matthew. They love their nephew.

Cooper really wants to be his own boss. It is so entertaining to watch as he asserts himself with us. Tonight, as he was finishing dinner, I told him he was going to shower with daddy. He told me that he wanted to take a bath, and I explained that we weren't doing that tonight. There were a few moments of silence, then this:

"Mommy, (as he slams his cup down, and holds his fist in the air) I'm not taking a shower. I'm taking a bath." Try to imagine an extremely defiant voice. It was all I could do not to laugh. I mean, he actually had a fist in the air!

Brayden amazes me every day with his capacity for understanding. I was having a conversation with Cooper in which he said 'yes, sir' to me. So I said "I'm not a sir, I'm a what?" And Brayden pipes in, "ma'am".

Then, I was telling Cooper about starting Sunday school, and that he would be going to learn about God and Jesus, and Brayden repeats me and then says "Lord".

Brayden has also taken to saying "cause" whenever I ask any question that starts with Why or What. (and I can't remember if I ever blogged this, but he used to say "thunder" if you asked "what's that noise?"...no matter what the noise was.)

Last night, C says to Justin, "Hey dad, you're not supposed to be wearing your boots in the house."

I've been thinking about trying to start weaning Brayden from his binky. He has started throwing it from his crib several times at bed/nap time, and that game gets old fast. So today, I retrieved it once and told him I wasn't coming back. He cried for it for a little bit, then finally goes to sleep and gets quiet, then wakes up later and I walk in and he's naked in his crib, the bed is away from the wall, curtains are pulled from the window and his blanket and stuffed animals thrown out. Guess he really got mad that I didn't come in there!!

Aunt Megan left for college last weekend. The boys will sure miss her! Good thing Aunt Katy is still pretty close.

Memaw was here last week, and we had a hamburger party on Thursday. Brayden ate his entire hamburger...then needed his belly rubbed from Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment