Thursday, September 22, 2011

Moving Right Along

Forget cars, Cooper has found two new hobbies: dinosaurs and Toy Story! While he was sick, I taped Toy Story 2 and 3, and let him watch the whole thing. Now when I am feeding Brayden or something, he gets to watch short clips of the movie, and he is hooked. He also loves the show Dino Dan, which he has watched at my mom’s but I had never seen. So we have it on one day and he shouts out “Triceratops! Pterodactyl!”. This from the child who still won’t say his brother’s name, instead calling him “baby” or “boy”. He talks about riding a T-rex and how dinosaurs are going to come to the house. It is so much fun listening to his imagination! He also loves to draw and always wants a pen.


My little Brayden is still sleeping (in his own room) like a champ. He is such a busy little boy, and I am enjoying him so much. This morning when he woke up we snuggled in mommy and daddy’s bed and he talked, playing with my face and laughing. I can’t believe he will be a year soon! He has tried cruising on furniture a little, but mostly is content to crawl. Sometimes Cooper will crawl with him around the house.


Last night I was reading Corduroy to Cooper (his new favorite book) and then we moved to an old favorite, Roar and More. As I started in on the first page, I read the first line “If a tiger comes to visit” and before I could say the next, Cooper said “Don’t open the door” and gestured with his hand. I couldn’t believe he did that! Justin even heard it from the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment