One day as I was walking around the driveway, just enjoying the sunshine, I looked over and saw Lucas happily blowing bubbles. He was sitting on the step at the end of the stones that lead to the front porch, and he was busily blowing bubbles and catching as many as he could. I wish I had my camera, but instead I just stopped and watched him for a while, all the while thinking...it's good to be three.
I'm so fortunate to share in the childhood of these boys. It is a sweet, sweet time, and I try my hardest to push out all the things I could convince myself I should be doing--and just rest in the sweetness.
Lucas, bless his heart, is so perfectly confident in all of his scholastic abilities. His class is really a 4-5 year old class, so even though he fits in well and loves school, he is not at the, er, level of the other children. But, you wouldn't know this if you spoke to him.
He asked me one evening, "You know what song Mr. Lane taught us? Sunday Monday, Sunday Monday, Sunday Mondayyyyy."
"I think there is probably a little more to it than that," I replied, amused.
"No mommy, it goes like this. Sunday Monday, Sunday Monday...".
His singing stopped short and he asked me, "Do you know what Sunday Monday means? It's Friday."
#ohhoney #futurescholar #atleastheknowstwodaysoftheweek
It's good to be seven
Then there's our seven year old. He reserves the right to change his mind about pretty much anything and everything. There's not a week that goes by that I don't ask him something along the lines of, Would you like some milk? and he will reply, No, thank you....and then AS I AM PUTTING THE MILK AWAY he hastily tells me, Actually, I will have some milk.
At dinner one night this week, he had just finished his second helping, after already claiming to be full and deciding he wasn't.
Cooper: "I think I'm full."
Pause.
"Wait, I'm about to do a little burp."
Burps.
"I'm hungry again!"
Pictures from our weekend at the farmhouse a couple of weeks ago.




No comments:
Post a Comment