Thursday, December 22, 2016

Vals

Brayden is a doting big brother. He always wants to be helpful and is ready at any moment to assist Lucas.

Especially when it comes to explaining things. One day Lucas asked Justin for something.

"Daddy, I really want you to show me the *vals* right now."

Though we asked him to repeat it several times, we just couldn't make out what he needed. His frustration with us was clear and Brayden decided to help us out.

Brayden, to Lucas: "You mean the vowels a, e, i, o and u?"
***************

Brayden also asks the most insightful questions. One day out of the blue, he wondered aloud:

"Mom, do you have to have a nose to breathe?"

I love that my kids want me to know everything they do and say. How precious it was when I was sitting at the picnic table watching the boys play, and Lucas ran up to me, excitedly shouting, "Hey, mommy, guess what! I run and then I fell."

Then without missing a beat, he ran off to play again. 
****************

I was asking Cooper for help with a chore one day, and his response was less than enthusiastic. I commented on his tone of voice, and I guess he felt he needed to explain, because he informed me,

"When I say it in that voice, that means I don't want to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment