Sunday, September 11, 2016

The First Day of School

Our first day, nay, our first week of school has come and gone. And I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but the boys and I finished with eyes shining and smiles on our faces. 

Our little Brayden started Kindergarten this week. Does that even seem possible? Because it doesn't for me. At a meeting with his teacher this Friday afternoon I sat and listened to everything he will be doing for the year, and my heart couldn't stop from being so proud of this young man and so excited for him. I mean, its Kindergarten.  How much more wonderful could life be?

So here is Brayden, on his first morning of school, September 6, 2016. He loves legos, bubble gum (when we let him have it, which is never), puppy dogs, drawing hearts and  eating frozen grapes. He also loves finding frogs in the yard, playing soccer, monkey bars and crystal rocks. (Brayden's love language is rocks...already this week he brought me two and when I went to his desk to check out his work for the week, he had a row of rocks on his desk.)



Cooper starts 3rd grade this year, with Mrs. Jeanette. He is so thrilled with his class and very excited about the math program, which will let him work ahead on *belts* (like in karate) and he can just work to his hearts content. Technically, he would be starting 2nd grade but he tested before school and was ahead in most subjects, so that is where he is beginning this year. 



And...last but never least, is Lucas Cole Voigt. He will be attending RCA two days a week in the preschool program, and his first week couldn't have been more perfect. Not only did he get right into the schedule, but on Friday morning when we were getting the boys ready for school, he asked me "did you lay out my clothes yet, mommy?" I reminded him that--yay!--he gets to stay home with me on Fridays, and he sighed, tilting his head to the side and saying, "But I want to go to school." I'm so glad he loves his school. 







No comments:

Post a Comment