Thursday, March 31, 2016

A Sweet Seven Year Old

Once again, a year has gone by and now Cooper James Voigt is 7! Wow, what a difference a year makes. 

Cooper celebrated with his class on Thursday with baseball cupcakes. Then, since his birthday fell on Easter Sunday, he had Friday off from school. The weather was beautiful all weekend and we played and played outside. Justin did a little BBQ on Saturday (the birthday boy's request) and we played a family game of baseball. 

I found this kids Texas Rangers jersey, with sweat arm bands and a (plastic) helmet on Amazon. Cooper wore it all day Saturday. I also found a little Texas Rangers baseball bracelet that I thought was right up his alley. He's been sleeping in it--precious boy. 

Birthday balloon from Grammi and Popo.

Cooper went through some birthday blues come Sunday night. What I didn't mention was that his allergies started acting up Saturday and by Sunday morning he seemed miserable. I don't know if it was the freshly cut grass, but he was suffering. Then Sunday night, he couldn't go to sleep. He cried a little, looked sad but couldn't really say why. It was at least 11pm before he fell asleep, and we skipped school the next day. 

I think there was so much buildup to the big day, that once it had come and gone his little heart just couldn't bear it. Sweet boy--our seven year old. I'm not sure he'll ever understand how much his Daddy and I love him. 

More birthday pictures!

He asked for a Texas Rangers birthday!

Justin posing with the dessert table.


I love Matthew's face.










When you gotta go, you gotta go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment