Friday, December 25, 2015

Tooth Fairy

Cooper has been waiting his whole life to lose a tooth. 

 He's watched several of his friends lose teeth and was getting rather impatient. One day he came up to me and said "Look, mommy. I'm growing a tooth for no reason" and opened his mouth to show me where his adult tooth was ocming in behind the baby tooth. 

I thought surely that meant the baby tooth would be loose and would fall out soon. But the other tooth just kept coming and the baby tooth wouldn't budge. So we went to the dentist and he had both his bottom middle teeth pulled. 

That started an adventure with the tooth fairy like I've never seen. 

Suddenly Cooper and Brayden were obsessed with the idea of the tooth fairy. And Cooper couldn't seem to part with his two baby teeth. Holding the little box the dentist gave him, with the baby teeth nestled inside, "I just really miss my little tooth."

That night as we prepared to put them under his pillow, he was almost in tears telling me, "I want to have some more time with them. I want to see them tomorrow. I'm just really sad."

So we decided he didn't have to put them under his pillow that night, we could hold off a day or two. Finally he decided that he would put one tooth under his pillow and keep the other one in the little box. I was sitting with him on his bed and he cradled the little box up to his cheek and said, "I just love it, I want to put it back in."

Yes, you read that correctly. He wants to put the tooth back in his mouth...

And both Brayden and Cooper had some issues with the entire concept of the tooth fairy coming into our house. Brayden kept making sure she was only going to be visiting Cooper's room and he didn't seem convinced by our assurances. 

Brayden: "So, I'm going to leave my door open, but she won't come in here, right?" (I confirmed that yes, this was true.)

He thought for a second and then said:  "Nevermind, I'm not going to sleep tonight." (Pause while he mulls over some thoughts.)
"I mean, what does she have, some kind of laser?"

He really meant radar, not laser. A radar for finding the tooth she's going to take. 

Oh, these boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment