Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Y Go!

I love these boys. I would never say I love any one of my kids more than the other. I love them equally but not necessarily the same. 



I love Cooper because he is my first born and he's logical and he's brilliant and he's just like his daddy with sports and he's sensitive and he is Cooper. 

I love Brayden because he is my second born and he's a ham and he's fierce and he loves to snuggle and he's hilarious and he's my helper and he is Brayden. 

I love Lucas because he is my third baby and he's demanding and he's goofy and he's entertaining and he is just Lucas!

Lucas started this new thing with his brothers when they are racing in the house (don't get me started on that). He stands at one end and says "Y, Goooo!" (It's pronounced E Go...short for Read-y, Set, Go!) Last night after I tucked him in I could hear him shouting it from his bed. 

Lucas' favorite song is "Camptown Racers" and he will sing "do-da, do-da" all day long. I love his sweet voice. 

Lucas is talking more, but his primary form of communication is still gesturing, screaming and throwing things. Bless his heart. If he is saying something to you and you don't understand (this is unacceptable) he will start screaming it UNTIL YOU CATCH ON. Which you better. Fast

He also has mastered his fake laugh. It's a very laid back sound, "Ah-ha-haaa". 


And Brayden...that boy had me shaking my head this week. At dinner one evening after I served him a plate of pizza and sprinkled a little grated Parmesan on top, Brayden clasped his hands together and sighed with satisfaction as he said, "Ah, stinky cheese."

Brayden and Cooper broke out the nerf guns last week and while I was working on the computer Brayden walked in (wearing binoculars and holding a nerf gun, mind you) with both hands up in the air and asked, "Mom, does your hands up like this mean don't shoot?" 

"Yes," I answered, laughing.
He walked away mumbling, "Well, when I do it Cooper shoots me."

After Matthew and Andrew's birthday party the last weekend in July, the boys came home with an armful of snakes. And they had snakes on the brain for a good 4 days after. I guess that explains Brayden asking me one evening as we cuddled on the couch, 
"Do snakes wrap their tails around each other when they love each other?" (In case you are wondering, my answer was Yes, of course!)

We celebrated Madalyn's birthday party with dinner at our house. I was holding a glass of wine when this conversation took place. 
Brayden: I want some wine.
Me: You have to be 21. 
B: Well, I'm 36. 
Me: Well then you better move out and get a job buster. 
B: Well, I mean my weight is 36.





No comments:

Post a Comment